The "Oh, MY" in Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy
Synopsis: More than 200,000 tonsillectomies and adenoidectomies will be performed on children this year. Will you be ready?
The new 2nd Edition of this bestselling book helps parents understand and organize the necessary medical and emotional components that accompany their child's surgery. In an easy to follow timeline for events prior to and following a tonsillectomy or adenoidectomy, the author provides reassuring and accurate guidance that eases the process for the patient and family. Parents with this book will:
- Get the facts about tonsils and adenoids in simple terms
- Reduce your own anxiety about surgery
- Learn how to support your child through the medical and emotional events surrounding the procedure
- Take away the mystery regarding what to say to your child
- Discover the sequence of events leading up to surgery and how to prepare for them.
- Find out what you need to have at home while your child recuperates
- Become confident in knowing that you have maximized your child's comfort and adjustment during the weeks surrounding surgery
- Recognize symptoms of possible complications and take action
Professionals and Parents Praise Laurie Zelinger's Book
"In over 40 years as a practicing Pediatrician, this is the most practical, down to earth and informative approach to the impending parent-child-hospital experience with a T&A that has come to my attention."
--Philip S. Steinfeld, MD, FAAP
"My son's recovery period was enhanced by advice from the manual, and thanks to Dr. Laurie, the bonding experience it created almost cancelled out the discomfort. He is now a strep-free, healthy boy!"
--Rachayle Salzberg (parent)
"...a valuable guide for parents intending to provide emotional preparation and support to a child about to undergo a surgical procedure."
--Richard H. Wexler, PhD President, New York State Psychological Association (2008)
"This book is a great tool to help you understand what will be happening to your child, why they are performing the surgery, and what you need to know to be better prepared in caring for your child after the surgery is performed"
--Danielle Drake for Reader Views
Learn more at www.DrZelinger.com